Friday, January 29, 2010

Sparro's Anyone?

In our quest to save money and be healthier we are cooking at home every day. We haven't gone out to eat since January 8. We decided to treat ourselves to a night out this weekend. Gar and I have had a great time trying to decide where we will eat and we pretty much have it down to two places. Gar, in a moment of crazy, suggested that we go out for a few beers after dinner. My reply - Are you insane - do know how expensive that is? Apparently I've gone a little too far with frugality because that night I dreamt that I was trying to talk Gar into going out to eat at the mall - the MALL? I think we can do a little better than that.

Part of saving money and cooking at home is not getting burnt out on it. You have to find a good balance of challenging meals, easy meals, and going out occasionally. This is a hard journey and we are having fun but I can get a little intense about things (just ask my brother about when I decided to go Green).

Does anyone have a suggestion for a dinning out experience? We are looking for affordable, unique, and fun!

Thanks!

No comments: