Thursday, January 14, 2010

Recipes!

Recipes promised - recipes delivered.

First one is really easy - we love grilled cheese and recently we've been adding ham to our grilled cheese and it's delicious!!!! Its more filling and more protein.

Second one is also super easy. Every Sunday we cook the largest chicken we can find at the grocery store (usually 4 or 5 lbs). Half of it goes with Gar for sandwich meat for the week and we use the other half for entrees during the week. Here's one that I love. I uses this amazing pot that I will keep FOREVER. Its beautiful and works wonderfully. You can also roast your chicken in it.

Chichen Noodle Soup

2-3 cup of Chicken chopped up into bite size pieces
2 32 oz of Chicken stock - I use low sodium
2 handfuls of carrots chopped up
2 celery stalks chopped up
could shakes of garlic salt.

Put all that in the pot and bring it to boil and then to simmer.

In another pot I make the noodles - any kind will do but I like the big curly ones.

After the pasta is done I throw it in with the soup.

Easy right?!

Now - to make the soup go a little longer, I often serve it over mashed potatoes - its delicious!!!!

I'm wanting recipes from other people too!!!



No comments: