Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Clean Day Two

Today's nap time had me in the kitchen cleaning from ceiling to floor. I clean the kitchen every week so it wasn't too big of a deal but every time I deep clean a room I feel the need to move furniture around - and the kitchen is no different. Such a spring clean a few years ago resulted in the microwave being put up in the cabinets - I wasn't sure how Gar would feel about it but two years later and we're still cookin' in the cabinets. 

I was pleasantly surprised to find a book of stamps not yet used and countless notepads - I curse the day I sent money to Environmental Defense Action Fund. I love what they stand for but ever since I sent money to them (to get a free tote bag and bumper sticker) I get weekly mailings for other environmental agencies - and along with those mailing - address labels and notepads. Oh if they only spent the money they use on the notecards, stickers, address labels, gift tags, water bottles, and the mailings themselves - those poor polar bears would still have their ice (I'm kidding of course). But how much money are they spending on these things. 

Another thing I realized while cleaning the kitchen - I have too many appliances - I have a steamer, a citrus juicer, four coffee makers (don't ask) , a waffle maker, toaster, crock pot, dicer, food processor, blender, and hand blender - do I really need all of these. For sure we have to have the steamer - that thing pays for itself (my baby is picky about his carrots) - but a citrus juicer really?! All of these things are taking up so much space and they are not being used. So am I going to get rid of them - certainly not - I'm going to find new uses for them so that they finally earn their keep. 

Tomorrow - we're on the the pretty room!

No comments: