Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer Fun!!!!

Anyone who knows me knows I love cold weather so it goes to reason that I don't love hot weather - well that's true - I can't stand it. I've already escaped to Colorado once this summer already and I'm sure this is the summer that is going to do me in (I say this every year). I love, however, the idea of summer and like the bratty kid at school you just can't stand - you can learn to love something if you try hard enough. So this summer - I am going to learn to love summer.

KBug and I have been eating breakfast at a speed I didn't think was possible. Then we throw on our flip-flops and play outside until we just can't take anymore barking from the next door neighbor's dog - this is usually enough time for me to get a little sun and a little reading done and watch a whole lot of acrobatics on the new swing set (THANKS NANA AND PAPA ROB!!!!!). We later visited by the nephews and we are then back outside for more fun (and barking).  

Then my favorite part of the summer starts - summer reading. The library has a summer reading program where you keep track of the books the kids read and then they get coupons and prizes and lots of cool stuff. (Why do they only do it for kids?!?!?!) We found a great reading list and we are having tons of fun reading new books!!! Then I get to read my own books and I like that too!!! 

But I know that summer is going to get hotter and the days are going to get longer and I need to find other things to amuse KBug and myself during the day so we don't just veg-out and get bored. So this weekend, we begin swim lessons - we're both learning to swim and we're gonna like it - darnit! Stay tuned for more summer fun!

No comments: