Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Very Bad Blogger, Indeed!

What can I say, I haven't been very good about keeping up with my blog. But it all stops here and now (until the next time). We've been out of town and busy with family. Our nephew is getting so big and is more fun to be with every day. 

Nothing too new on the adoption front. We are finishing up our adoption book and will be uploading it soon so that everyone can see it. I am so thrilled with G's work!!! He has perfectly captured our life together and the result is amazing! I hope that our prospective birthmother can see the love coming from our book. We are now working on our birthmother letter and our bio statements. 

We have both been struggling with what to put in our letter and statements. I want to be accessible and show my personality but it's difficult when the stakes are high. It's hard to convey both a sense of humor and the thoughtfulness that should be included when someone is considering giving you their child. 

We are getting very close to sending in our book and then it will be just waiting and hoping. I've been thinking about what I should write about during this time. I hope it's okay if I branch out of the adoption field a little. I don't want to be breaking any blog etiquette rules. The way I see it, our life is going to go on while we wait and I want to share what we are doing during that time. Don't worry though - I won't go on and on about my obsession and very real love of Robert Redford - some of you know about it anyway - it's deep and it's real. 

Well - here's hoping you hear from me soon!!! If anyone has any ideas about things we should include in our letter and statements - please let us know!!!

1 comment:

Amanda Eden said...

Mindy, I apologize for not having kept up with you and Garrett. you're both very special people to me and I'm unbelievably excited about your adoption. i can't think of two people more qualified and more deserving of raising a child. And there are plenty of children in this world who need people like you. I wanted to comment on what you said about not knowing what to put in your letters. I knwo what you mean about wanting to show your true colors but not wanting to turn anyone off with your brand of humor or personality. My thought is convey exactly who you are. Even if that means your own kind of humor. I think it will resonate with something who is like you and they will appreciate you being as honest as you are. Either way, girl, you're a wonderful, beautiful person and you'll get your baby some day. EEEEeeee! i'm so excited for you both.